Biodiversity, Ecology, and Evolution of Marine Animals
Welcome! I'm Annette Govindarajan. I'm an oceanographer who studies the biodiversity, ecology and evolution of marine animals. My laboratory focuses on developing and applying new genomic methods to characterize marine biodiversity and population structure and robotic methods for biodiversity sampling. My current laboratory projects focus on:
- Developing and applying environmental DNA (eDNA) methods for biodiversity assessments
- Developing and applying of autonomous methods for eDNA sampling
- Molecular systematics, ecology and evolution of jellyfishes
- If you see any clinging jellyfish, pictured above, please send an email to: email@example.com .
- WHOI's journey to the ocean's twilight zone begins! WHOI funded by the Audacious Project to study the ocean twilight zone! See press release here, and learn more about the project here.