Welcome to the Marine Mammal Behavior Laboratory at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
Our research interests include...
- Social behavior and acoustic communication in cetaceans
- Playback to cetaceans of their own and conspecific vocalizations
- Responses of cetaceans to manmade noise
- Vocal learning, and mimicry in the individually distinctive signature signals of bottlenose dolphin and the group distinctive click patterns of sperm whales
- Acoustic structure and social functions of the songs of baleen whales
- Functional studies of echolocation in free-ranging cetaceans
For more information, contact:
Applied Ocean Physics & Engineering