Education & Awards
PhD in biogeochemistry. 2000. University of California, Santa Barbara, Calif.
BA in ecology & environmental policy, College Scholar Program. Summa cum laude with distinction in all subjects. 1991. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
- Regional Edward R. Murrow award for best use of sound, large radio market (2015)
- Missouri Broadcasters Association award for best news series, large radio market (2015)
- Investigative Reporters & Editors award, multi-platform medium (2013)
- Public Radio Exchange STEM Story Project award (2013)
- Missouri Broadcasters Association award for best feature, large radio market (2012, 2011)
- St. Louis Riverfront Times award for best reporter, TV/radio division (2011)
- Science Literacy Project science journalism fellowship (2011)