Dr. Benjamin Van Mooy
- Ph.D. University of Washington, Chemical Oceanography, 2003
- M.S. University of Washington, Chemical Oceanography, 2000
- B.A. Northwestern University, Chemistry and Geological Sciences, 1995
- Biogeochemical cycling of carbon and phosphorus in the upper ocean by heterotrophic bacteria, phytoplankton, and zooplankton.
- Microbial interactions on sinking particles and their effects on carbon export.
- Lipids in plankton and the role of lipids in processes ranging from biochemical pathways to biogeochemical cycles.
- Lipidomics method development
- The North Pacific subtropical gyre, the Sargasso Sea, and the coastal waters of the West Antarctic Peninsula.