- Calculate daily surface wind stress over the open ocean as:
- The wind stress over the sea ice is formulated identically as:
- Calculate surface stress over the sea-ice covered ocean as:
- The ocean current stress at the base of the sea-ice cover is precisely the negative of the above.
- Note that a turning angle is not applied to the ocean surface currents.
- Dao, Dai and Dio are air-ocean, air-ice and ice-ocean drag coefficients:
Dao=(1.10 + 0.04 Ws) x 10-3; Dai=(1.10 + 0.04 Ws) x 10-3; Dio=5.50 x 10-3;
- Dao, Dai and Dio are also discussed in section “Forcing Data Notation” and in “Model details “ for different AOMIP models